Emilia Romagna: The Energy Fund opened

On March 30, the Energy Fund of the Emilia Romagna Region reopened  , aimed at  supporting  the green economy by providing subsidized loans to businesses of any size and ESCO (Energy Service Company) companies.

The projects admitted by the Fund must be aimed at energy efficiency and the reduction of climate-altering gases, the production of energy from renewable sources, exclusively for self-consumption, as well as high-efficiency cogeneration plants . Eligible expenses must fall into one of the following categories:

  • Interventions on instrumental properties: expansion and / or renovation, building works functional to the project;
  • Purchase and installation, adaptations of machinery, plants, equipment, hardware;
  • Acquisition of software and licenses;
  • Technical-specialist consultancy functional to the investment project;
  • Expenses for drafting an energy audit and / or design useful for the preparation of the intervention in question.

The Fund intervenes by granting loans for an amount between € 25,000 and € 750,000, at a zero rate for 70% of the amount disbursed and at an agreed rate for the remaining 30%, not exceeding the 6-month EURIBOR + 4.75%. The duration of the loans varies from 36 to 96 months, with the possibility of having 12 months of pre-amortization.

The instrument also provides for a non-repayable grant up to a maximum of 12.5% ​​of the admitted public amount of funding, to cover the technical expenses incurred for the energy audit, and / or the feasibility study, and / or the preparation of the investment project.

In the case of an application submitted by ESCo, the non-repayable grant can be requested only if it has its registered office or local unit in Emilia Romagna and if the supporting expenditure documents are issued by a third party, supplier of the technical services eligible for the grant.

Applications can be submitted until 16.00 on 23 May 2022 . The projects will be evaluated on the basis of a one-stop evaluation procedure.